7-Day online Safety Challenge (for Parents)
Day 3: Parental Controls on the Router
Consider the following:
- Find out what parental controls are available on your Internet Service Provider and your cellular carrier. Do a Google search with the name of the service and the phrase "parental controls"
- Ex: "Verizon parental controls" or "Charter internet parental controls"
- Determine the brand and model of your router (it's probably on the bottom.) Do the same search for parental controls for your router.
- As you learn what is available, add these details to your Home Audit worksheet.
Your ACTION STEP for today:
Determine what parental controls are available
from your service provider and on your existing router
All the Daily Challenges:
- Day 1: Open Lines of Communication
- Day 2: Getting a Handle on Your Digital Setup
- Day 3: Parental Controls for Your Router
- Day 4: Parental Controls on Your Devices (Part 1)
- Day 5: Parental Controls on Your Devices (Part 2)
- Day 6: Completing Your Online Safety Home Audit
- Day 7: Your Next Steps